Wednesday 30 March 2011

Research

As part of my research I have analysed three short films from all different genres which have strong contrast and I have looked at the different approaches used in the genres of these media products.
I have chosen to analyse:
§  Strangers- A short film with a strong meaning
§  Beyond words- A short film with a complex narrative
§  Paparazzi- A music video which has been created into a short film
I will be looking at MICRO and MACRO elements:
MICRO-
§  Camera angle, movement and position
§  Framing
§  Editing and special effects
§  Mise en scene
§  Sound
§  Script
§  Titles/Institutional Reference
MACRO-
§  Genre specific elements; codes and conventions
§  Narrative
§  Representations
§  Audience
§  Themes/Messages
I have also looked at eight other short films in less amount of detail.
By looking into so many short films it will give me a general idea about all the MICRO and MACRO elements I should use to create a successful short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment